Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I love oranges, but diabetics have a hard time with the sugar content. This frozen dessert is deeelish and the exchanges are not all that high. 1 cup is equal to 1 1/2 fruit and 1 fat. Diabetics rejoice!
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups light whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water. Stir in the pineapple juice.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Fill the cylinder of an ice cream freezer with the mixture. Freeze according to the directions.
- Allow to firm up in the freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.