Recipe by teresas
This is a recipe I found back in 1971 before DH and I got married. I found it on a box of Reynolds Wrap. It had a great picture of the finished dish and my little brother who was 7 at the time made me promise to make this for him after I got married. Well.... I believe I had been married about 10 years when I finally made this for him. DH and I just celebrated our 35th. Yes DB still asks for this whenever we have a family get together. Enjoy! Preparation time does not include freezing time.
Top Review by tab.pierce
OK, I'm the DB in this story and my DS is awesome!!! It took her a little while to get around to making it, but it was fabulous and worth the wait. She's an incredible cook and an even better sister!
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen pound cake
- 1 pint neapolitan ice cream (brick)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package frozen whipped topping
- 14 pecan halves
- 8 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Must use Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap.
- Cut pound cake lengthwise into 3 equal layers.
- Place one layer on an 18" square sheet of Reynolds Wrap.
- Cut ice cream brick lenghtwise into 2 equal slices and place on cake layer.
- Repeat with second ice cream brick and cake layer. (finish with cake layer).
- Frost top and sides with whipped topping. (Cool Whip).
- Decorate with pecans and cherries.
- Place on foil in freezer about 2 hours, or until topping is frozen hard.
- Remove from freezer.
- Bring foil up, double fold over top and fold in ends.
- Return to freezer till ready to serve.
- Slice into equal servings of 8-10.