Recipe by Mirj
This one is a big hit with the kids. You can substitute chocolate yogurt for the coffee as well.
Top Review by greyghost
Fantastic! BIG HIT! I used ArchWay Chocolate cookines and ArchWay Rocky Road cookes to add more flavor (unfortunately our grocery store only had mini wafers - too small) Then I also tried it with Ben and Jerry's Coffee ice cream with chocolate chunks. Just added more flavor to an already fantastic recipe! Thank you!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat coffee-flavored frozen yogurt
- 20 chocolate wafers
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently with a whisk.
- Cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine and vanilla.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Let frozen yogurt sit out until slightly softened.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt onto each of 10 wafers, then top each with about a teaspoon of the syrup mixture.
- Top with remaining wafers and press gently to make sandwiches.
- Place in freezer for at least one hour before serving.