Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This one is a big hit with the kids. You can substitute chocolate yogurt for the coffee as well.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat coffee-flavored frozen yogurt
- 20 chocolate wafers
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently with a whisk.
- Cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine and vanilla.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Let frozen yogurt sit out until slightly softened.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt onto each of 10 wafers, then top each with about a teaspoon of the syrup mixture.
- Top with remaining wafers and press gently to make sandwiches.
- Place in freezer for at least one hour before serving.
Fantastic! BIG HIT! I used ArchWay Chocolate cookines and ArchWay Rocky Road cookes to add more flavor (unfortunately our grocery store only had mini wafers - too small) Then I also tried it with Ben and Jerry's Coffee ice cream with chocolate chunks. Just added more flavor to an already fantastic recipe! Thank you!
WOW Mirj! Excellent! I used 1 1/2 tsp. coffee powder and 4 tsp. sugar for 1 cup of yogurt. Then, I followed it uptil the step of letting the frozen yoghurt sit out until slightly softened. After that, I took 4 bread slices. On one slice, I spread a layer of the yoghurt followed by a few Graham cracker crumbs and then a layer of the cocoa-golden syrup mixture. Then, I pressed this nicely so as to make a sandwich. Then, in the center of the bread slice that was on top, I put a little cocoa-golden syrup mixture in the center followed by some of the yoghurt on this circle in the center again and on top of this, I put a red glaze cherry. I stuck a little cute cracker crumb on this cherry. Likewise, I did with the other 2 bread slices. I've kept it in the freezer overnight, I'm sure it's going to vanish by the time I'm up:)