Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's one of those "looks like you fussed" desserts that is so easy it's become a standard for me. I love the mocha version, but pure chocolate lovers may prefer using chocolate chip ice cream. The cookie crust is a snap to make.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 pints chocolate chip ice cream or 2 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (optional)
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar if desired. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spoon 1 pint of ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half of the chocolate syrup; swirl with knife. Carefully top with remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whole cookies if desired.