1/1 Photo of Frozen Mocha Velvet Lush
* Pamela *'s Note:
Based on the recipe "Velvet Lush" from Company's Coming "Chocolate Everything" Cookbook. I changed a few things and came up with this. Time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chocolate Coffee Crust
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules, crushed into powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate, chip
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules, crushed into powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or 2 teaspoons Kahlua
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1For the Crust:.
- 2Measure all 7 ingredients into a small bowl.
- 3Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- 4Spread evenly into a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 7For the filling:.
- 8Measure the first 5 ingredients into a saucepan Heat on low until smooth, stirring often.
- 9Beat in 1 egg at a time.
- 10Add icing sugar and beat well.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Beat whipping cream until stiff.
- 13Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream.
- 14Pour over cooled crust.
- 15Chill at least 2 hours before glazing.
- 16For glaze:.
- 17Heat whipping cream in a small sauce pan on low.
- 18Add chocolate, stirring consistantly, until melted and smooth.
- 19Pour over cooled cake, letting some drip down the sides.
- 20Freeze 6 hours before serving or overnight.
- 21Thaw slightly to cut.
- 22Garnish with chocolate curls or chocolate covered coffee beans if desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Mocha Velvet Lush
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.5
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 91.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g