Recipe by lilbrittyn
No bake & pretty easy to prep. The only down fall is it will need to freeze about 6 hours before eating. But it's well worth the wait & kids love it too.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
This is a beautiful dessert, very creamy and rich, but the coffee flavour came through too strong for my taste buds. On first bite it was pure heaven but after a couple more bites the coffee flavour became slightly bitter. I also find that this recipe melts really quickly if you are letting it sit out for unmolding and cutting (which became slightly messy for me.) I found the best way was to put it back in the freezer after unmolding and then cut and serve straight from the freezer. A little bit of hot fudge sauce to mask the bitterness of the coffee was good but next time I make this I will reduce the amount of coffee used. Yes, there will be a next time, this was a delicious dessert after all.
- Oreo cookie pie crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed Oreo cookies (regular or double stuff)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar & butter. Mix well. Press mixture in a 9in. spring-form or a 13x9 inch pan. Pat evenly to cover all sides and bottom. Place in freezer.
- Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add milk & chocolate syrup. Beat until smooth. In small bowl, dissolve coffee in water. Add to cream cheese mixture & stir well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour filling into chilled pan. Cover & freeze for 6 hours. Sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs.