Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
There's another recipe by the same name here, and judging by the ingredients, the end result would taste similar. This recipe is for those die-hard 'must cook from scratch' cooks! Perfect on a hot summer day after a light meal. (Cook time is freezing time.)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 11 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- For crust: Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in crumbs, sugar and cocoa.
- Reserve 1/2 cup. Press remaining crumbs into ungreased 9 inch springform pan, bottom and sides. (I use my 8x8 Pyrex dish and just put the crumbs on the bottom.).
- For filling: Beat cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in milk and syrup.
- Dissolve coffee in water; add to cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream until stiff. Fold into cheese batter.
- Pour into prepared pan and scatter reserved crumbs over top.
- Freeze at least 8 hours before serving.