Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This one is from the Food network, it is very refreshing. Cook time allows for freezing time also.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, divided
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 4 teaspoons freeze dried instant coffee
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- Combine cocoa and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in 3/4 cup water, a little at a time.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Simmer for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in espresso powder and milk.
- Strain into shallow baking dish, jelly roll pan is good.
- Freeze for several hours until hard.
- Break the frozen mixture up with a fork and place chunks in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of water and process until no lumps remain and mixture is thick and slushy.
- Serve at once.
- It is thick like a shake.
This is delish!!!!! Very easy to prepare and sooooooooooooooo refreshing!!!! This made for a much needed and a wonderful comfort drink. Thanks for sharing, my friend!