Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
I got this recipe from bocajava.com, which is where I buy all my tea and coffee. This recipe sounds absolutely decadent, and I can't wait to try it.
Top Review by Outta Here
This really hit the spot on a really hot day! I used French roast coffee and some chopped chocolate mint from the garden to brew the coffee. I was worried about 2 tablespoons of vanilla, but it was perfect. This was like a chocolate mint milk shake without the ice cream! I used fat-free half and half. I will skip the whipped cream next time, because it was just gilding the lily, in my opinion :) Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009
- 12 tablespoons mint chocolate coffee (if this is unavailable, add 1 tbsp dried mint leaves and 1 tbsp cocoa powder to 10 tbsp french roast)
- 6 cups water
- 4 ounces milk (or half and half)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice
Directions See How It's Made
- This recipe requires a process called double-strength brewing for maximum flavor. Brew 12 tablespoons of coffee with only 6 cups of filtered water. This will be a very strong brew of coffee that needs to be set aside and chilled in your refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Blend coffee, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla together in a blender with 2 cups of ice for at least 30 seconds or to desired thickness.
- Serve in tall glass. Top with whipped cream and a single mint leaf.