Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Taking the Milky Way candy bar and turning it into something for those nights where you need to cool off. Cooking time is for freezing. It uses 5 regular bars or 36 minis or 15 fun size.
- 10 1⁄4 ounces Milky Way bars, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
- Chop candy bars, yielding about 1 1/3 cups. Combine with 1/2 cup of
- the cream and chocolate chips in a large bowl over a pot of simmering
- water. Stir occasionally until mixture is melted and combined. Set bowl
- aside to cool.
- In another bowl combine vanilla extract with remaining 2 cups of
- cream; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold cream into chocolate mixture then pour 1/2 of mixture into a 1
- 1/2-quart freezer-proof bowl.
- Coarsely chop more candy bars, yielding about 1/3 cup. Sprinkle over
- mousse. Top with remaining mousse. Freeze until firm, 6 hours or
- Thaw slightly at room temperature before serving, about 10 minutes.
- Chop remaining candy bars, yielding about 1/3 cup. Garnish with whipped
- cream and chopped candy.
I found this to be very sweet. My kids on the other hand loved it. Easy recipe, great for those with a sweet tooth.