Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Bon Appetit. Sounds yummy for summer. Time to prepare does not include 4 hours freezing time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons fresh meyer lemon juice, plus
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh meyer lemon juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons meyer lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- Whisk 1/2 cup sugar, 5 tablespoons lemon juice, egg yolks and corn syrup on a small metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of boiling water; whisk until mixture is thick and fluffy and thermometer insterted into mixture registers 180 degrees F, about 3 minutes. Place bowl with egg mixture over larger bowl filled with ice and water until mixture is cool, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using electric mixer, beat cream, 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold cooled yolk mixture into cream in 3 additions. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Mix berries and any accumulated juices, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel in small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Coarsely mash half of berries in bowl to thicken juices. Scoop lemon cream into small bowls. Top each with 1 rounded Tablespoon berry sauce and serve.
This is my husband's favorite. I found the recipe off of epicurious.com originally