Recipe by Chef Kate
This is called delite because it uses fat-free yogurt--so you can indulge without guilt. The prep time includes two hours for draining the yogurt and two hours for freezing.
Top Review by currybunny
Beautiful desert! I love anything yoghurty and this was no exception. A hint from my hubby for draining yoghurt without a cheesecloth - just cut some vertical slits in the yoghurt container, sit it in a bowl and leave overnight in the fridge! I used black sambuca rather than ouzo; even thought I hate aniseed, it was great! I used a few more dates, and this made a lot more than four servings for us - thanks for a delicious and guilt-free desert!
- 3 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup pistachios, natural, unsalted, shelled
- 6 pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ouzo
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the yogurt in a fine meshed strainer lined with cheesecloth and allow to drain for about two hours.
- place half the pistachios and the sugar in a food processor or coffee grinder and grind to a powder.
- Roughly chop the remaining nuts.
- Combine the drained yogurt, nuts, dates and ouzo and mix well.
- Place in freezer.
- After one hour, remove from freezer and mix well.
- Return to freezer and freeze till firm.
- Divide into four portions and garnish with bittersweet chocolate shavings.