Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have made this several times and it is fabulous..I have added some Blue Curaco to it to make Blue Frozen Margarita's....I got this reicpe years ago from a Southern Living Summertime Magazine they used to put out....Putting it here for safe keeping in case I lose the magazine...
- 4 (1360.77 g) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 2838.0 ml water
- 709.77 ml orange liqueur (I prefer Grand Marnier)
- 709.77 ml tequila
- 2 (4000.0 ml) bottle lemon-lime flavored soda
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Freeze at least 8 hours, stirring twice during the freezing process.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Break into chunks; add soft drink, and stir until slushy.
Yum! This is great. I mixed this up for a Cinco de Mayo party, but I had to give it a try before the party, and I love it! I like that you can mix it as strong as you like or not. I made with silver tequila, so it didn't have much color, but with the addition of some lime slices it was pretty. Thanks for posting, this will end up with a permanent spot in my freezer for those nights when I need a little summer slushy pick me up!
This recipe is awesome! I made it for my party and it was a big hit. It makes a huge batch and we actually ran out....I should have doubled the recipe.
OhMyHeavens, Cindytc, this is goooood stuff! I reduced the ingredients to make one gallon to fit my empty ice cream pail. I enjoyed every stir while it froze to a slushy mix! Yum! I took it to a pool party where 7 of us ladies emptied the pail. We will enjoy this recipe many times! It's a great one to have in the freezer for porch sippin' drinks or guests. Thanks so much for sharing!