Recipe by Witch Doctor
The salty crust will remind you of the traditional salted rim of a margarita glass. A creamy lime-and-tequila filling completes this refreshing, tangy-sweet frozen pie.
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzel
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- lime slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR CRUST: Stir together crushed pretzels and sugar. Stir in melted margarine or butter. Spread mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate. Press onto bottom and sides to form a firm, even crust. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 5 minutes or till edge is lightly browned. Cool on a rack.
- FOR FILLING: In a large mixing bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, limeade concentrate, tequila, orange liqueur, and, if desired, food coloring. In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream till soft peaks form; fold into tequila mixture. Spoon filling into crust. Cover and freeze about 4 hours, or till firm. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with lime slices.