Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Time does not include freezing. I haven't made this but wanted to make sure I didn't lose. Found it in my clipping stash which I am working hard to clean out!
- 2 1⁄2 cups salted thin pretzel sticks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, fresh, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (Cointreau, i.e.)
- 4 drops liquid green food coloring (optional)
- 2 drops liquid yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- thin pretzel stick
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly coat a 9-in pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Pulse pretzels and sugar in food processor until fine crumbs. Add butter; process to blend. Press on bottom and sides of pie plate. Place in freezer.
- Filling: Stir condensed milk, lime peel and juice, tequila, Cointreau and food color in a small bowl. Beat cream with mixer in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually fold in lime mixture until blended.
- Pour into crust; freeze uncovered for at least 6 hours. Wrap airtight; freeze at least 2 more hours, or up to 3 months.
- To Serve: Unwrap pie and refrigerate for 15 minutes for easier slicing. Garnish with pretzels and lime slice.