Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
BE HAPPY!!! Serve with a twist of Lime! Margarita's are not a very sweet drink they have more of a tangy tartness!
- 1 cup tequila (your best)
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 6 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
for rim of glass
- Grand Marnier
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender (except Grand Marnier and salt) till well blended.
- Dip rim of Mararita glasses with Grand Mariner then into salt.
- Pour in mix and drink away!
An excellent Margarita! Most Margarita's "bite back", but this one is smooth and mellow with just the right ingredient proportions for nice a salty/sour kick. I usually put Grand Marnier in my Margaritas, but this was a novel way to give just a "hint" of the Grand Marnier. Thanks for sharing this very good recipe.
excellent Margarita!!! yum,yum....=)
It just wasn't good and I spent another ten minutes trying to fix this bland and bitter mess. I finally ended up converting it into a Watermelon Margarita; adding about 1 1/2 cups of watermelon, 1 tbsp sugar, extra tequila and triple sec. The finished product was a decent boozy concoction that served me and my guest well today, but I won't use this recipe again.