Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy Israel Diary Board. The cookies can be crushed. 30 vanilla wafers can be substituted for the petit Beurre Cookies.
- Mix instant coffee with sweetened cocoa powder.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Beat egg whites with 1 cup sugar until stiff.
- In a large bowl, mix cheese, yolks, 1 cup sugar, vanilla, and rum essence. Gently fold beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Line large rectangular pyrex dish with petit beurre crumbs. Pour half the batter over the cookie or crumb base.
- Sprinkle with coffee and cocoa mixture and cover with the remaining half of the batter.
- When the cake is sliced, the dark surface inside creates a marble effect, which adds an element of surprise as well as flavor.