Recipe by LAURIE
Super simple dessert with only 3 ingredients! For an even better treat, top it with a fresh soft fruit in natural syrup or a brandy nut sauce.
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill a 1 quart mixing bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the maple syrup in the microwave or stovetop until very hot but not boiling.
- Keep warm.
- In a 2 quart mixing bowl beat the egg white with electric mixer until it begins to thicken.
- Slowly add the hot ample syrup, beating continually.
- Continue beating until mixture is thick and shiny like a meringue, about 4 minutes.
- Quickly rinse and dry beaters.
- In chilled bowl beat the cream until stiff, incorporating as much air as possible as you whip, usually about 3-4 minutes.
- Gently fold the whipped cream unto the egg mixture.
- Pour into a 1 quart mold.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Keeps frozen for several days.