Prep 24 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Little bit of work but well worth it.Give coconut rum a try. And for a bit of creaminess, add vanilla or mango ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 cups mango nectar, chilled in freezer
- 2 cups white rum, chilled in freezer
- ice, trays (2 (or more)
- 8 -10 slices mangoes
- In a pan cook water, sugar, ginger and zest until sugar dissolves, simmer 5 minutes more. Remove from heat let sit over night in refrigerator. Strain, one hour before placing in ice cube trays, and freeze. (Won`t be totally frozen). Combine everything in blender, pack with ice and blend till smooth.
- Serve in chilled glass of your choice thats been dipped into Plain, Citrus, Vanilla or Cardamom Flavored sugar recipe #53026.
- I like Margarita glasses for this drink.
- Garnish with a mango slice.
This was definitely worth the effort! What a deliciously refreshing drink! I was afraid it would be too strong for me with 2 cups of rum, but it was just perfect. My mother and I both loved it. Thanks for another keeper, Rita!