Recipe by Dib's
Here's a great summer treat that's loved by adults and children! Allow 4-5 hours to freeze solid.
Top Review by ellie_
Great easy-to-make dessert or snack that my ds made! We used both bananas and mangos (3 mangoes and 4 bananas) and used mostly dark chocolate with a little white chocolate, rolling them in coconut and sliced almonds (but leaving some plain chocolate covered bananas). I must admit it was lots easier coating the bananas than the mangoes, but the mangoes tasted so much better. I also had trouble slicing the mangoes in half, so we ended up with smaller mango pieces than the chief allowed for in the directions -- but no problem -- just made more mango pops. Thanks so much for sharing! This is a must have for the end of summer or for anytime!
- 4 mangoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted dark chocolate (**you may need more depending on how thick you want the chocolate)
- 1 1⁄2 cups melted white chocolate (**you may need more depending on how thick you want the chocolate)
- 2 cups chopped nuts, like pistachios or 2 cups shredded coconut
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel mangoes and slice so you have two halves from each fruit.
- Gently melt chocolate in separate pans until melted and fluid-be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Remove from heat.
- Place nuts or coconut on a plate.
- Skewer each fruit slice with a popsicle stick.
- You need to pat dry with a paper towel so the chocolate will stick. Holding the "mango stick" by the stick, dip first in the white chocolate, at an angle, then dip in the dark chocolate, at an angle.
- Quickly press one side into nuts.
- Place on wax paper and repeat process until all eight are done.
- If any chocolate is left over drizzle away on plain side!
- Tip-this can also be done with bananas that have been cut in half-just make sure to cover totally with chocolate or your going to have"brown" banana showing.