Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a light, refreshing dessert. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 1 cup fresh mango, chopped and pureed in a blender with
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, well chilled
- mint sprig, for garnish
- orange wedge, for garnish
- Whip the whipping cream in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form.
- Place the gelatin in a small heat proof bowl. Add the orange juice and cook in a water bath, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved. Or place in a microwave safe dish and cook for about a minute, checking often. Place the mango puree and the gelatin in a large bowl. Carefully fold in the whipped cream. Transfer mixture to a plastic dish and place in freezer. Chill for at least 4 hours or until frozen. To serve, scoop portions of mousse into ice cream dishes. Garnish with mint sprigs and orange wedges.