Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We wanted to make a frozen drink to celebrate our first warm weekend of the summer (and unwind after doing lots of yardwork!). We had several cans of frozen orange juice concentrate in the freezer, and so this is what we came up with. Makes 2 large hurricane glassfuls, or 4 smaller drinks.
- Thaw the orange juice concentrate only enough so it can be removed from the can.
- Place orange juice concentrate, Malibu, and 50/50 in a blender jar.
- Blend on high or"liquify" until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the crushed ice one cup at a time and blend on high, adding more ice until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Pour into glasses and, if desired, garnish with orange slices and cherries.
This was a very tasty cocktail, and one of those drinks that one is just not enough. I garnished ours with a skewer of cherries (didn't have any oranges), and it was just the thing to cool us a bit from the 100+ weather we're experiencing. The coconut rum really adds that defining tropical touch without overpowering all the other ingredients. It surely will be made in my home on a regular basis. Made for 2009 Comfort Cafe's "Beach Bash".