Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I love anything chocolate!! This cheesecake is creamy and absolutely delicious! Also delicious with the Mocha variation. Enjoy! Please NOTE: Plan ahead! This requires at least 6 hours in the freezer! If you like this, you should try Lite Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup (Karo is best)
- 1⁄2 cup half & half light cream
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute (Splenda is best)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-calorie whipped topping
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- Heat syrup and half and half in a microwave-safe container for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips and heat for 30 seconds; stir until smooth and well blended. Pour mixture into blender or food processor; add cocoa, sucralose, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Blend on medium speed in blender until very smooth. Add whipped topping and mix until uniformly blended.
- Pour into crust. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours. Remove from freezer and thaw for 15 to 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional whipped toopping and cocoa, if desired.
- For a Mocha Pie, stir 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules into the syrup mixture before it is microwaved.
Just finished off my first piece of this wonderful frozen chocolate pie! It was so easy to make too---loved it! The only change I made was not using FF cream cheese (I had the Neufchatel on hand). Next time, I will try the strawberry version, but I have a feeling that the chocolate will win out (it usually does in this house!) thanks for posting.
I had a block of FF cream cheese and I had no idea what to do with, so I was very happy when I stumbled across this recipe. It does live up to it's name, very creamy, perfectly chocolaty but not decadently so - which is fine because you still feel like you are indulging. I made this using a springform pan because I made my own cookie crust and it came out looking beautiful. The batter had me worried for a while because it seemed so runny but it set up perfectly! I didn't even need to thaw it before cutting. I didn't use the sucralose sweetener (cause I had none) and used sugar to replace it. Great recipe for something fat-free. Thanks
WOW! This is an extremely simple recipe. I forgot to heat anything and just bagan dumping it all (choc chips, coffee grounds, and all) into the food processor and mixed away. I then removed the blade, took a rubber spatula, and stirred it to get the sides mixed in and then poured it into the premade crust. I made the mocha version using french vanilla coffee grounds and WOW (again) what awesome flavor. This is definitely a keeper as I (not a chocolate or coffee person) licked the processor bowl clean! Finally frozen, this dessert intensifies in flavor and is just scrumpdillyicious! Thanks kittycatmom, for such an awesome recipe! ~Bird