Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cool, Creamy, Limey. Yummy
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (250 g) packagessoftened cream cheese (I use the lighter kind)
- 1 (355 ml) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (1 liter) container frozen whipped topping, divided (Cool Whip, again, I use the lighter stuff)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Line a 9 inch square pain with tin foil leaving the ends to extend over the side of the pan (for lifting out).
- Mix oreo crumbs and butter. Press mixture into pan to make the crust.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until creamy. Gradually add the lime concentrate, beating the mixture until well blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of the whipped topping and stir into lime mixture.
- Spoon the lime mixture evenly over the crust.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Lift dessert from pan using the foil "Handles". Cut into squares to serve.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped topping and sprinkle evenly with some of the grated lime peel as a garnish.