Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a great light dessert. Perfect for summer but great any time. It always gets raves from my company.
- Mix lime juice and sugar in a saucepan.
- Sprinkle gelatin over and let stand 1 minutes.
- Heat, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in condensed milk, food coloring, and lime rind.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or til slightly thickened.
- Whip the cream and fold into lime mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- I garnish with additional whipped cream.
This is a wonderful refreshing dessert for summertime. It was pretty easy to make, and turned out beautifully. My MIL asked for the recipe so that's a score! Thanks!
This was a great dessert. Thanks!
So easy, and so good. Completely frozen is a bit much. I find refrigerated is fine. Have experimented by replacing the lime juice with other strong tart juices, and adjusting the sugar down for sweeter juices. Works great. Like pure cranberry, blueberry, pomegranate, and sour cherry juices w/ no sweeteners added... all work great. Some dried fruit of the same kind as the juice, or complementary in flavor, sprinkled over the top is a nice finish.