1/1 Photo of Frozen Lime Meringue Torte
Shark Lover's Note:
This is a recipe from 'Company's Coming Decadent Desserts By Jean Paré' This is a book I received as a gift and have decided to work my way through it. I made this cake for my grandfather's 91st birthday and it's pretty tasty! There are a number of steps involved, but each step is easy. Preparation time is only a guess and does not include freezing time. The book says to put the meringue into a rectangular shape, but I'm sure any shape would work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature (large)
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- lime, filling
- 300 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 7.39 ml finely grated lime zest
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- fresh raspberry
- lime zest, curls for garnish (optional)
- 425 g frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 2Put the egg whites in a bowl and beat them until soft peaks form.
- 3Add 1 tbsp of sugar at a time, making sure that the sugar has dissolved before you add more.
- 4Put this into a large piping bag and pipe using a star tip.
- 5Put this on a prepared serving dish that can go in the oven.
- 6Bake at 225 F, for about 1 hour.
- 7Leave the oven slightly open, until it has cooled.
- 8Lime Filling;.
- 9Add in the condensed milk, lime zest and lime juice in a bowl and beat until it is smooth and thick.
- 10In a different bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks appear.
- 11Folding, add in the condensed milk you just mixed with lime.
- 12Put it in a large piping bag with a star tip.
- 13Place a little bit of the whipped cream mixture on a serving platter to secure one of the meringues to the platter.
- 14Carefully press the meringue on top of the whipping cream mixture.
- 15By adding a thick layer of the whipping cream mixture on top of the previously secured meringue, secure the other meringue.
- 16Using the rest of the whipping cream mixture decorate your cake around the sides and on top.
- 17Using the raspberries now decorate the top of your cake with them, and if you are adding the lime zest curls add them now.
- 18Making sure that the cake is uncovered, freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- 19For longer storage make sure you cover it up after it has frozen.
- 20Raspberry Syrup;.
- 21On medium-high setting bring the raspberries in the syrup to a boil.
- 22Leave it boiling for 5 minutes or until has thickened slightly and reduced by half.
- 23Put it in the fridge until cool.
- 24Cut into desired sizes to serve and drizzle on the syrup.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Lime Meringue Torte
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 72.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: