Recipe by christina white
This is a traditional recipe for Thanksgiving/Christmas from my husband's side of the family from Omaha, Nebraska. A delicious, addictive and very simple dish.
Top Review by JenSmith
This recipe is one of my family's favorites, too! The original recipe comes from The Kitchen-Klatter Cookbook, 1973. Kitchen-Klatter was a radio cooking show that came on 740 AM (KRMG) from the 1960s to the 1980s. My grandmother relied on thier recipes and had collected several of their cookbooks before the show went off the air.
- 2 (13 ounce) cans crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 7 ounces butter mints, shaved
- 1 pint whipping cream (or 2 envelopes Dream Whip )
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)