Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was given to my husband and myself after we fell in love with the result during a summer vacation to visit his family in North Carolina. The only thing better than eating a wonderful dessert, prepared with love by family members, is being able to recreate it when you can't be together! I can't think of anything nicer on a hot summer day, though this pie is great anytime you want something cool, refreshing and simple. The recipe makes two pies, but my mother-in-law suggests storing the extra filling in a separate container and serving it with assorted cookies if you don't need two pies. Please note the chilling time (2 hours) plus thawing time (30 minutes) and plan accordingly. (I have listed this amount of time as cooking time for this recipe as well.) It will be worth the wait!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and lemonade concentrate.
- Fold the whipped topping in slowly, keeping as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Spoon into crusts.
- Freeze until firm--I suggest about two hours minimum.
- Remove from the freezer half an hour before serving, to allow the pie to thaw to a creamy state.
I saw them make this on the Neeley's and it looked so good. You are right it is soooooooo yummy lol Since my husband was placed on a low fat diet I used fat free cool whip, fat free condensed milk and the keebler reduced fat graham cracker pie crust. You could not tell I cut down on the calories. I can't wait to try this with limeade. Thanks for posting! This is definately a keeper =)
This couldn't be easier to make but, in my opinion, a little too sweet. Next time I'd try some real lemon juice in addition to the lemonade. One thing - my supermarket only sold 12 oz cans of lemonade, not 6 oz. I used it all and the only consequence was the pie was more lemony. Not a bad consequence.
Love it Love it...Made this and it was easy and tasted great. I used a 12 oz can of lemonade and it was tart and wonderful. Highly recommend it.