Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Something I had growing up that I forgot all about until I saw it on the back of a graham cracker box
- 18 squares graham crackers, finely crushed (honey or plain flavored tastes best)
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 quart vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and margarine and press into bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- Blend frozen yogurt and lemonade concentrate in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Spread yogurt-lemonade mixture on crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
I was going to come and post this recipe I just found it in a booklet I just bought at the grocery store. The amounts I have are not the same, but it is the same recipe. I used 9 graham crackers crushed, 1/3 margarine and I didnt want to use butter because I knew it would be hard to cut I recommend margarine). I used 4 cups of low fat frozen vanilla yogurt and 6 oz of lemonade concentrate. This makes the most fabulous dessert ever ! Great for a hot day. I topped them off with a dollop of cool whip. I served this at a bbq this weekend and my guests went nuts for it. I have the recipe in my cookbook and I cannot wait to make another batch again HAHA *Will make again and take pic. ***I wanted to add a personal note for this recipe. DO NOT use plain graham crumbs (like I tried) they really change the flavor !!!
This turned out very good. I picked this recipe because it was low fat. I used butter in the crust but next time I will use a soft margarine as the crust was very hard to get a fork into when you bring it out of the freezer. I hope that will make for easier cutting.You can't wait for the crust to soften as it is like ice-cream and starts to melt if left too long. It has a nice tang with the lemonade. I am thinking of trying it with frozen orange juice. I used the cracker crumbs from the box.About 1-3/4cups.