Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A Passover recipe from Aish.com. Looks refreshing. Haven't tried it yet. Cooking time is mostly freezing time.
- 24 -36 ladyfingers (2 to 3 packages)
- 5 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped (or non-dairy dessert topping, whipped)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Line bottom and sides of buttered 9" (22.5 cm) springform pan with ladyfingers.
- In top of double boiler, place 5 yolks and 2 whites. Beat together until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, rind and sugar, and beat lightly.
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Fold in cream, which has been whipped.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Freeze at least 5 hours.
- Beat remaining 3 whites with 4 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Spread on cake.
- Place under broiler briefly until lightly browned.
- Return to freezer.
- Remove one hour before serving.
I am experimenting with various Pesach recipes in my friend's Pesach kitchen. We both loved how easy and good this torte was. Ver light and refreshing.