Recipe by Chicagopm
I saw this recipe and I'm posting it here for safekeeping. I have not tried this yet but it looks like something I'm going to want to make in the warm months ahead! Mmmm lemon! (Cooking time does not include freezing time.)
Top Review by HockeyMomof2
REFRESHING! I recommend putting the whipped topping on as you serve it. I followed the directions exactly, and when I pulled the dish out of the freezer, the whipped cream had flattened/thinned pitifully. I just cut the squares and put more whipped topping on top! Everyone enjoyed them. Great balance between tart custard, and sweet crust.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- whipping cream, whipped or whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 8 or 9-inch square pan.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring (optional). Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in freezer.
- Note: May be refrigerated instead of frozen.