1/1 Photo of Frozen Lemon Sherbet in Lemon Shells
4 hrs 20 mins
These are wonderful. Light and tart, they are a great finish off to any meal. Especially nice in warm weather.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sherbet maybe frozen in half or whole lemons. For halves, cut larges lemons in half squeeze juice and scrape out all the pulp, using a grapefruit spoon. For whole lemons, cut a slice from the top, loosing the pulp with a grapefruit knife and scoop it out. Strain through a sieve, pressing the pulp to extract all the juice. Reserve juice. Place the lemon shells in cake pan, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 2To prepare sherbet, combine 1 cup water and ¾ cup sugar and bring to boil in a saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes and let cool. Add salt, cream, juice and rind. Pour into freezer tray or shallow metal pan. Freeze until almost firm. Beat smooth with a mixer.
- 3Beat egg whites to soft peaks, fold into lemon mixture thoroughly. Freeze again until firm enough to mound from a spoon. Spoon into lemon shells. Place in a cake pan, cover with a plastic wrap and freeze until firm.
- 4Decorate with green leaves and drizzle sherbet with an orange liqueur if desired.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Lemon Sherbet in Lemon Shells
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g