Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is THE easiest dessert you can make aside from opening up the container of ice cream. Actually, vanilla bean ice cream is great as a topping. Use your imagination, whipped cream, chocolate sauce... Great recipe from La Bonne Cuisine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the milk for several minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and beat until very thick.
- Add the sugar and beat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Line a 10" pie pan with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the milk mixture into the pie pan and freeze.
My mother used to make these and it was always a great dessert, especially in the summer. Instead of graham crackers, she used ritz crackers. The salt on them seemed to compliment the lemon flavor. It was always a family favorite.