Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one of Charlotte Williams’ old recipes. It has uncooked egg whites in it. It has a Wheaties crust.
- To make pie crust: Crush the Wheaties, then measure.
- Add melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar together.
- Form in pie crust set aside.
- Separate eggs.
- In top of double boiler, add egg yolk, 2/3 cup sugar, salt, lemon juice and rind
- Cook over boiling water till thick
- Beat egg whites to stiff peak stage. Beat whipping cream; add to egg whites.
- Add lemon sauce gently.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Put in freezer.
- Serve out of freezer.