Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one of Charlotte Williams’ old recipes. It has uncooked egg whites in it. It has a Wheaties crust.
- 1 1⁄4 cups wheat flakes cereal
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- To make pie crust: Crush the Wheaties, then measure.
- Add melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar together.
- Form in pie crust set aside.
- Separate eggs.
- In top of double boiler, add egg yolk, 2/3 cup sugar, salt, lemon juice and rind
- Cook over boiling water till thick
- Beat egg whites to stiff peak stage. Beat whipping cream; add to egg whites.
- Add lemon sauce gently.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Put in freezer.
- Serve out of freezer.