3 hrs 30 mins
Raquel Grinnell's Note:
A fabulous key lime pie recipe from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. It has many rave reviews over at the Food Network. Cook time is freeze time (overnight is best).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
For the filling
- 6 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup squeezed fresh lime juice (4 to 5 limes)
For the decoration
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
- 3Press into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure the sides and the bottom are an even thickness.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- 5For the filling, beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for 5 minutes, until thick.
- 6With the mixer on medium speed, add the condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour into the baked pie shell and freeze.
- 7For the decoration, beat the heavy cream on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- 8Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until firm. Spoon or pipe decoratively onto the pie and decorate with lime.
- 9Freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 10*RAW EGG WARNING.
- 11Please use caution when consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, it is recommended you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Key Lime Pie (Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.5
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 218.8 mg
- Sodium 157.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: