2 hrs 20 mins
I got this recipe from the Barefoot Contessa!!! yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
For the filling
- 6 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (4 to 5 limes)
For the decoration
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
- 3Press into a 9-inch pie pan, making sure the sides and the bottom are an even thickness.
- 4Bake for 10 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool completely.
- 6For the filling, beat the egg yolks and sugar on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for 5 minutes, until thick. With the mixer on medium speed, add the condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice.
- 7Pour into the baked pie shell and freeze.
- 8For the decoration, beat the heavy cream on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- 9Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until firm.
- 10Spoon or pipe decoratively onto the pie and decorate with lime.
- 11Freeze for several hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1049.3
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 33.0 g
- Cholesterol 475.7 mg
- Sodium 354.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 102.2 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: