Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This recipe was printed in one of the Houston papers and comes from the files of the Hyatt Regency here in Houston. It's been in my recipe binder for some time- I first made this for a dinner party back in September of 1977! If you like Kahlua, you'll love this!Prep time does not include freezing time.
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 2 ounces brandy
- 4 ounces Kahlua
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip heavy cream using a chilled bowl and beaters;set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks in the top of a double boiler until light and creamy.
- Gradually beat in sugar and coffee and combine with milk and light cream.
- Cook over hot, but not boiling, water, stirring constantly.
- Set over crushed ice to cool until mixtuer will mound on a spoon.
- When cool, fold in the whipped cream, brandy and Kahlua.
- Turn mixture into a 1 quart souffle dish with a 3 inch band of foil tied around the outside at the top.
- Place in freezer 6-8 hours.
- Remove foil rim and serve from the dish.