Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Get the scoop on this delicious ice cream dessert - It's ridiculously easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For a fun way to decorate your sundae glasses: Melt the chocolate chips; scrape the melted chocolate into a ziptop bag. Snip off the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate onto the inside of the two 10-ounce flared glasses. (Martini glasses make a beautiful presentation for this frozen teat. ) To set the chocolate, put the glasses into the freezer for two to three minutes.
- 2To make the espresso brittle: Line a cookie sheet with kitchen parchment paper and lightly spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, combine the sugar and the water. Heat the mixture over a high flame; swirling the pot occasionally until it turns a light amber color (similar to caramel) -- DO NOT STIR.
- 4Add the crushed espresso beans, swirl them around in the sugar mixture; continue to cook until it turns brown. Remove the pot from the heat. Whisk in the butter and salt, gently. Quickly pour the candy mixture (brittle) onto the prepared cookie sheet; tilt the sheet to get the brittle to flow into a thin, even layer (CAREFUL - IT'S HOT!).
- 5As the brittle cools a-bit, use a metal spatula to spread it into a thinner layer. Let it continue to cool down and harden. Break the brittle into bite-sized shards.
- 6To prepare your frozen cappuccinos: Scoop ice cream into a blender; add heavy cream, Kahlua and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- 7Divide the ice cream mixture in half and pour into the prepared glasses.
- 8Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and shards of the espresso brittle. (Save any leftover espresso brittle in an airtight container for up to 1 week; enjoy with other frozen dessert treats.).
- 9CHEF'S TIP: Kid-Friendly Version - Omit the Kahlua, increase the milk to a 1/4 cup, add a 1/4 cup malted milk powder.
- 10CHEF'S TIP: To soften ice cream, place container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes OR until very easy to scoop.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Kahlua Cappuccino With Espresso Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1192.6
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 117.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 197.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 186.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: