Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another variation of the Kahlua cake, only this cake is from scratch, and very easy. It makes a lovely dessert.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup coffee, cold
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 pint whipped cream (or Cool Whip)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add cocoa and egg yolks.
- Dissolve soda in water and combine with coffee and kahlua.
- Add to batter alternately with the flour.
- Add vanilla and fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour batter in pan, remove air bubbles.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Combine glaze ingredients and pour over warm cake.
- Cool and remove from pan.
- Cover with foil and freeze.
- About 1 hour before serving, remove from freezer and ice with whipped cream (or Cool Whip).
Fantastic Cake! I made this recipe to bring to a New Year's Eve party and it was a great hit. The cake is so moist and not very difficult to make. I did not top it with whipped cream, instead I dusted it with powdered sugar. Thanks!
I've never tasted Kahlua cake before, much less bake one, but for my first try I found this to be very easy to make and very delicious! I made no changes, and used homemade Kahlua, which a friend gave me last Christmas. I made the cake on Sunday, froze it, and served part of it at my office on Monday. I kept the other portion refrigerated and today, 3 days later, it was still very moist. I didn't top it with whipped cream, but I believe it would be really good topped with vanilla ice cream. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Miss Annie for this great recipe!
This is one of my family's favorite cakes, and is requested often for birthdays! I used dark cocoa last time I made it and it was delicious!