Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh my, are you in for a treat, this is a wonderful twist to the regular pumpkin pie, and what a taste! (note: plan ahead, this pie needs to freeze)
- 1 (9 ounce) packageprepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup real 35% cream, whipped (not frozen whipped topping)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill pie crust with ice cream; freeze until solid.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, whipped cream, sugar, spice and salt.
- Spoon mixture over the frozen layer of ice cream in crust; freeze until solid.
- TO SERVE: Remove pie from freezer, and place in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional real whipped cream.