Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
To speed things up purchased chocolate sauce may be use for this ;-)
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 gallon chocolate ice cream or 1⁄2 gallon coffee ice cream or 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened enough to spread, not melted
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped Oreo cookies
- For crust: combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar; press onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust; freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the first 4 sauce ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a light boil; boil for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla; cool to room temperature.
- Spoon over ice cream; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Freeze until firm.
- Spread Cool Whip topping over nuts and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours before serving.