Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is one of the most delicious desserts ever--if you are a cheesecake fan like I am. You can easily double the recipe. I serve without the sauce as well with fresh berries.
- 60 g butter, melted
- 125 g plain sweet biscuits, crushed
- 5 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 liters vanilla ice cream
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup marsala
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- Combine butter and biscuit crumbs. Mix well.
- Press into a springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place egg yolks, sugar into top of double boiler.
- Beat with electric beater over simmering water until pale and golden. (Don't let any water touch the underside of the double pan).
- Add marsala, beat constantly until mixture thickens.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually beat in marsala mixture.
- Fold in softened ice cream.
- Pout into springform pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving with sauce.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in pan.
- Stir over low heat until butter melts.
- Add cream and stir until mixture is warm. Serve.