Recipe by karen in tbay
For the chocolate lovers - a cross between slush and ice cream. Can be made 5 days in advance. Perfect for a Valentine dessert - perhaps drizzle a coffee liqueur or add a dollop of whipped cream. Cook time is actual freeze time. Courtesy of CDN Living Holiday Baking Special Issue 1996
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan over low heat, whisk together cocoa powder, chocolate, 1/4 cup of the whipping cream, the sugar and butter-heat, whisking often til chocolate and butter melted and sugar dissolved.
- Gradually whisk in milk and another 1/4 cup of the cream. Bring just to a boil. Pour into 9 inch square cake pan. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cover and freeze for at least 12 hours (can be prepared to this point and frozen for up to 5 days).
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Break into small pieces. Transfer to food processor along with remaining whipping cream. Puree, scraping down side of bowl twice, til mixture is thick, smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into 4 chilled goblets. Serve immediately or refreeze for up to 30 minutes.