1/3 Photos of Frozen Hot Chocolate
Oprah recently featured this treat as one of her favorite things. I ordered the mix from Serendipity in NYC. The food editor from our local paper went in search of the recipe after numerous requests from readers and here it is--straight from Serendipity 3 restaurant. When my mix arrives, I'll let you know how this recipe compares to the real deal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in top of double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted.
- 2Add chocolate mix and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup milk, stirring until smooth.
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4In blender, place the remaining 1 cup milk, room-temperature chocolate mixture and ice.
- 5Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 6Enjoy with a spoon or a straw.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (753 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g