Prep 13 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Just found and wanted to post it here for safe keeping. Haven't made it yet but plan on it. Sounds amazing.
- 28 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 (1 1/2 quart) container mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate squares, grated
- LINE 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Crush 20 cookies; sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of prepared pan.
- SPREAD ice cream evenly over crumbs in pan; top with COOL WHIP and grated chocolate.
- FREEZE 3 hours. Remove from freezer 15 minute before serving. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Lift dessert from pan with foil handles; cut into 16 squares. Cut remaining cookies in half; place 1 on each square.
This dessert was a big hit at a cookout we had with friends this weekend. I had clipped the recipe from the Summer '09 issue of Kraft Food & Family and was happy to find it here so I could add it to my cookbook. Very easy to make!!!
Oh how I wish you hadn't published this recipe. There went my good intentions re healthy eating. Absolutely love chocolate/mint anything and these are easy. Suggest that the crumbs on the bottom chill (or freeze) a llitle while because this will make it easier to spread the ice cream. Wonderful.