Monica in PA's Note:
This is a recipe that my Mom always makes for special occasions when she is limited for time. It can be made way ahead and stored in the freezer. A great dessert to have on hand for summertime entertaining. Everyone loves it!
My Private Note
9X13 pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream or 1 gallon vanilla frozen yogurt (softened)
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookie
- pecans or walnuts, chopped (any amount you wish to add)
hot fudge sauce
- 1Fudge sauce: Melt chocolate chips and butter in saucepan.
- 2Add sugar and milk.
- 3Bring to a boil and cook till thick and smooth around 5-7 minutes.
- 4Stir constantly.
- 5Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- 6Line a 9X13 pan (bottom and sides) with whole vanilla wafers.
- 7Dip half of softened ice cream onto cookies, smoothing it flat layer.
- 8Add half of fudge sauce and sprinkle with some of the nuts.
- 9Add the rest of the ice cream over the fudge sauce and smooth again for the next layer.
- 10Add remaining fudge sauce and and top with remaining nuts.
- 11Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- 12This can be made in advance and stored in the freezer for company.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Fudge Sundae Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla wafer cookies