Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe that my Mom always makes for special occasions when she is limited for time. It can be made way ahead and stored in the freezer. A great dessert to have on hand for summertime entertaining. Everyone loves it!
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream or 1 gallon vanilla frozen yogurt (softened)
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookie
- pecans or walnuts, chopped (any amount you wish to add)
hot fudge sauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fudge sauce: Melt chocolate chips and butter in saucepan.
- Add sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook till thick and smooth around 5-7 minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.
- Line a 9X13 pan (bottom and sides) with whole vanilla wafers.
- Dip half of softened ice cream onto cookies, smoothing it flat layer.
- Add half of fudge sauce and sprinkle with some of the nuts.
- Add the rest of the ice cream over the fudge sauce and smooth again for the next layer.
- Add remaining fudge sauce and and top with remaining nuts.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- This can be made in advance and stored in the freezer for company.
It is impossible to stuff all the ingredients into a 9 x 13 x 2" pan.
WONDERFUL!!!! Perfect dessert--makes allot! & can keep the left-over for a late time--& it 'stays' good! YUMMY! Thanks