Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a nice frozen torte...
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (18 oz.)
- 2 cups butter (one pound diced)
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 9 large eggs
- whipping cream, for garnish.
- cocoa powder, for dusting pan
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch spring form pan with some butter.
- Dust pan with cocoa powder.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepot mix the chocolate chips, butter pieces, sugar, and boiling water.
- Over med.
- heat stir, and cook until melted and nice and smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time, until blended.
- Pour into prepared springform pan.
- Place pan on top of a baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Turn off oven.
- With oven door open let cool in oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top will crack and cake will flatten possibly, but thats okay-- Remove from sides of pan, and turn cake top side down on plastic wrap.
- Remove bottom of pan.
- Cover with plastic and freeze on a baking tray overnite (12 hours or more) To serve slice in thin slices and garnish with whipped cream, fresh berries, and dusting of cocoa powder-- Serve frozen--.