Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Like Capital-One, I don't leave home without it. For family or church gatherings, there's always a couple of requests for this oh-so-easy salad/dessert. Be mindful, though...it really freezes up and does take some time to thaw out enough to enjoy the full-bodied flavor. After all the times I've made it, though, I almost always forget to bring it out early as a salad. Sooo, once the meal is over I present it as dessert!!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cherry juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and pineapple with juice in medium bowl; mix on medium speed 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in oranges, cherries, and cherry juice.
- Gently fold in marshmallows and whipped topping.
- Spread evenly in 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Freeze until set.
- Can be made one day ahead.
Light pink, creamy, and not overly sweet! I used Neufchâtel, and only 8-ounces maraschino cherries, then made as written. Made in an 8x8 dish, and seven 3-ounce popsicles for the grandchildren! Made for My-3-Chefs 2013 Brain Freeze theme.