Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the kind of salad you'd have in the 40s. It's easy to put together and really creamy and delicious. I added a couple bananas too. Recipe courtesy of Southern Food.
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup red maraschino cherry, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup green maraschino cherry, quartered (or use all red)
- 16 -20 ounces fruit cocktail
- 2 1⁄2 cups marshmallows, diced (about 24 marshmallows)
- Beat together the cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Fold in whipped cream, cherries, drained fruit cocktail, and marshmallows.
- Pour into a 1-quart freezer container.
- Garnish with additional maraschino cherries.
- Freeze fruit salad until firm.